Cable management systems
Cables are used for the transmission of electrical power, signalling impulses and data. Whether on railways, metros, airports, road systems, underground or in tunnels the need for cable containment is varied and extensive.
In order to guarantee the continuous provision of power, accurate signalling and the increasing number of data exchanges to ensure that the need for global limitless communication is met, cables must be effectively protected against external influences. These cables are contained within cable ducts, which provide protection and security. The cable containment system must be economical, as well as flexible and easy to use. Increasingly, issues such as fire performance, toxicity and environmental suitability need to be addressed.
Castioni Kabelführungssysteme GmbH specialises in the protection of cables, and offers a number of cable containment solutions:
- ARCOSYSTEM® Sizes 1 and 2 : Elevated GRP cable troughing suitable for containing power and signalling cables at spans up to 6 metres.
- ARCOSYSTEM® Size 0 : Elevated and ground based GRP cable troughing suitable for data cabling at spans up to 3 metres.
- TERRASYSTEM Sizes 1 and 2 : Ground based Polypropylene and GRP cable trough and walkway system
- KABELEINS : Traditional GRP cable containment system suitable as wall, tunnel or lineside structure hung solutions, available in a wide range of widths from 50 to 600 mm.
GRP cable ducts provide levels of extreme performance. GRP cable ducts are electrically non-conductive, UV resistant and withstand temperatures from -40˚C to 80˚C with ease. They provide corrosion resistance to a wide range of chemicals. Dependant upon the levels of fire performance required, our cable ducts are produced from glassfibre reinforced isophthalic polyesters or methacrylic acid based systems, where the lowest levels of smoke and halogen free toxicity are required, such as tunnels or indoor areas.
Our systems are competitively priced, providing many years more life expectancy than traditional materials. They offer outstanding features, such as:
- Certification according to EN45545-2 : 2013 : HL3 : the highest level of fire protection
- High quality painted surfaces
- Dimensional stability across a wide temperature range (-40˚C to 80˚C)
- Electrically insulating with electrical breakdowns as high as 50kV on some products
- Thermal conductivity is 1/250th of aluminium and 1/60th of steel
- GRP composites are 75% lighter than steel and 30% lighter than aluminium
- Superior corrosion resistance across a broad range of chemicals.
Contact us to let us help in the selection of the most appropriate solution for your project.